We’re looking for an experienced technical artist with a passion for learning and improving ways of working to join our team.
This role will be on a permanent basis with remote/hybrid working available for the right candidate.
about skyhook games studio
Skyhook Games is experiencing a high level of growth making this a great time to join the team. We are based in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and offer flexible working schedules, as well as a collaborative, supportive culture.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, regular social events, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
As a Lead Technical Artist you will:
- See the whole picture, and be the go-to person for all things technical art within Skyhook
- Lead a team of technical artists in identifying, quantifying and resolving art and programming problems with tools or process improvements
- Distribute expert-level knowledge amongst the tech art team and beyond within Skyhook
- Provide direction on the best methods of solving tech art problems
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all art pipelines with Skyhook, their intricacies and identify maximum bang-for-buck improvements
We need you to have:
- An extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine and its toolset
- A deep understanding of procedural ways of working
- Experience in utilising Houdini’s PDG to generate large, real-time worlds
- Experience in implementing procedural methodologies into existing art pipelines
- Demonstrable experience in creating tools (either via Blueprints or python scripts) to help artists and programmers
- A deep knowledge of optimisation methodologies at a AA+ level
It would be great if you also had:
- Good experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Experience in leading a team in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in python scripting
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.