We're looking for either a designer with strong Unreal Engine knowledge or a programmer with experience and interest in visual programming systems to join our team. A working knowledge of Unreal Engine is essential.
This role will be on a permanent basis with remote/hybrid working available for the right candidate.
about skyhook games studio
We are based in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and offer flexible working schedules, as well as a collaborative, supportive culture. Currently, Skyhook Games are going through another rapid growth period.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, regular social events, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
As a Technical Designer you will:
- Create, develop and edit Blueprint scripts
- Collaborate with artists and other internal departments
- Test within Unreal Engine 4 to identify issues, and propose solutions to resolve them
- Maintain quality standards by bug-fixing
- Creatively find solutions to issues within pre-established constraints
- Be a champion for technical design within Skyhook
We need you to have:
- An ability to propose creative solutions to often complex design problems
- The know-how of how to research effectively, utilising information to inform the design process
- The ability to investigate existing systems and ways of working
- A strong natural skillset for communication and working collaboratively within small teams
- A demonstrable proficiency in Unreal Engine 4
It would be great if you also had:
- Good experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Previous demonstrable experience in a technical design role
If you feel you meet the requirements and are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.