We’re looking for a junior technical artist with Houdini knowledge. You will be provided with ongoing training and support from our in-house technical artist to create and deliver high-quality artwork.
This role will be on a permanent basis with remote/hybrid working available for the right candidate.
about skyhook games studio
Skyhook Games is currently experiencing a high level of growth and career development opportunities. We are based in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and offer flexible working schedules, as well as a collaborative, supportive culture.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, regular social events, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
As a Junior Technical Artist you will:
- Come on board and develop a deep understanding of existing art pipelines
- Help to create tools and workflows to streamline and improve the efficiency of art pipelines
- Identify ways in which 3P plugins (e.g. Houdini, Quixel Megascans) could further improve pipeline efficiency
- Bridge the gap between art and programming
We need you to have:
- Some level of knowledge of a combination of procedural fundamentals, art pipelines and optimisation, understanding of runtime performance costs
- An understanding of Unreal Engine – particularly Blueprints and art content creation
- A passion to learn and understand new ways of working, and a real urge to always be learning new tools
It would be great if you also had:
- An entry-level understanding of Houdini and its capabilities
- Experience in shader creation/optimisation
- Good experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Previous demonstrable experience either in a junior tech art role, or can show an understanding/capability of the role’s requirements
If you feel you meet the requirements and are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.