We are looking for an experienced Unreal Engine 4 Programmer, with a passion for games, to join our growing team. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as being familiar with C++ and blueprinting processes.
About Skyhook Games Studio
This is such an exciting time to join Skyhook Games and we are currently on the lookout for superstars to join our team. We recently moved into brand new offices in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and are currently developing our own game for PC and console, backed by a leading UK publisher. We offer flexible working schedules as well as a collaborative, supportive culture. Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, enhanced cost savings scheme, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
About the job
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the team to turn ideas from design, though to prototyping, to production.
- Working with the production team to plan out the technical aspects needed into an ongoing steady workflow.
- Help drive the team forward by implementing the technical aspect of the process into UE4 using blueprints.
- Test, debug, profile, analyse and optimise your code.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable working with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written skills
- Experience of programming in a development background, ideally for at least two years
- Good knowledge of working in UE4
- Excellent C++ programming, comfortable coding and debugging systems
- Comfortable and very familiar using blueprinting in UE4
- An understanding of vehicle physics
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Knowledge of a range of version control tools
- Experience of working with remote teams
- Experience with multiple gaming platforms
- Familiar with using task tracking software, such as JIRA
- An interest in simulation games and/or an interest in trains
- Please share examples of your work when applying, be they released games, demos or suitable projects.
- Whilst we are based in Liverpool, the role can be 100% remote for the right candidate. We will hopefully return to the office at some point in 2021, and the successful candidate could choose to work in house if they preferred.
- The role can be contract or full time, depending on the right candidate’s preference.