We are looking for an experienced Unreal Engine 4 Junior Programmer, with a passion for games, to join our growing team in Liverpool. In house and studio based is preferred, but working remotely will also be considered. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as well as being familiar with C++ and blueprinting processes.
About Skyhook Games Studio
This is such an exciting time to join Skyhook Games and we are currently on the lookout for superstars to join our great team. We recently moved into brand new offices in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and are currently developing our own game for PC and console backed by a leading UK publisher. We offer flexible working schedules as well as a collaborative, supportive culture.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, enhanced cost savings scheme, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
About the job
You’ll be responsible for:
- Reporting to the senior programmer on the team alongside working with all disciplines in the studio
- Implementing vehicle physics in UE4 for our Train Sim World DLC products using blueprints and Dovetail Games own simulation extension
- Working closely with the team to turn ideas from design, through to prototyping and production
- Helping drive the team forward by implementing the technical aspect of the process into UE4 using blueprints
- Test, debug, profile, analyse and optimise your code
The ideal candidate would have:
- Good working knowledge of UE4 (Unreal Engine 4)
- Knowledge of using blueprinting in UE4 (Unreal Engine 4)
- Experience of working with a team of mixed disciplines
- An undergraduate, post graduate degree or equivalent, in computer science or a related subject
- Good C++ programming skills, comfortable coding and debugging systems
- An understanding of vehicle physics
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills with a can-do attitude
- A passion for all forms of games
- The ability to receive and implement feedback
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Previous commercial or professional development experience
- Source Control experience (SVN)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence, or similar
- Experience with, or playing, simulation games
- Please share examples of your work when applying, be they released games, demos or suitable projects.
- Whilst we are based in Liverpool, the role can be 100% remote for the right candidate. We will hopefully return to the office at some point in 2021, and the successful candidate could choose to work in house if they preferred.
- The role can be contract or full time, depending on the right candidate’s preference.