Skyhook Games is a well-known game studio based in Liverpool, England. We are looking for a Remote Contract Unity programmer to work on our upcoming VR title. This position is offered remote UK or hybrid remote.
We are looking for someone who is independent, and a strong team player. You know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality focused titles. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment. You have the ability to visualize how things should work and translate this into a functioning solution.
What skills do you need?
- 2+ years professional game development experience, working as part of a team or in a lead position
- C# Unity experience essential
- VR and UI programming experience is essential
- Multiplatform experience is nice to have
- Console and handheld industry experience a bonus
- Unity experience
- Unreal experience a bonus
- Ability to write, cross platform, reusable and maintainable bug free code
- Strong knowledge of common game architecture and design patterns
- Ability to conceptualise, present and execute ideas to deadlines
- Experience and ability to share best practices and mentor teams
- Awareness and understanding of project methodologies incl. Trello, JIRA
What will you do?
- The successful candidate will be responsible for working in Unity, implementing technical solutions for a wide variety of game elements and will work collaboratively with a team of designers, programmers and artists
- Involvement in all areas of game development including UI and simulation logic
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Contribute to architectural decisions and deliver high quality code
- Game coding for VR and console games
- To identify future trends in game technology and use to Skyhook’s advantage
- Fantastic team culture and working environment
- Zero crunch culture
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, rising with length of service each year
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Discretionary bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory workplace pension scheme
- Referral bonus scheme
- Parental leave
- Company events, including social events, industry events, charity events and more
- Continual training and development for staff
- Paid Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas-New Year shutdown
If you have the skills and are up for the ultimate open-world challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.