As a growing game development and art outsourcing studio, Skyhook work on a variety of fantastic games. As Technical Director you will be expected to take ownership of the technical implementation across all projects and resolve any technical challenges and limitations that arise. You will work with production, artists, leadership and other internal departments to design and implement effective workflows to ensure expectations are met and exceeded. This role will be expected to support projects across a multitude of platforms and genres.
about skyhook games studio
We are based in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and offer flexible working schedules, as well as a collaborative, supportive culture. Currently, Skyhook Games are going through another rapid growth period.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, regular social events, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Designing and optimising processes and tools to fit project needs
- Working closely with technical, design and art departments to establish project technical requirements
- Identifying areas for improvements, and solutions, for any risks or issues
- Exploring how to develop projects in UE5 using new techniques
- Ensuring correct tools, processes and best practice are used to meet the needs of our projects
- Communicating across multiple departments to ensure workflow and milestone targets are met
- Coordinating teams to ensure project milestones and delivery deadlines are met
- Advising on new technologies and implementing procedures to improve development processes
- Seeking opportunities to develop new technologies and solutions
- Coordinating technical recruitment needs for the company
Any additional duties/ expectations as an employee of the company above and beyond specific job role
- Proven experience within a Technical Director role, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of UE5
- Experience in leading and providing feedback to team in a similar role
- A strong eye for detail and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong understanding and passion for games and their development
- Previous exposure to art outsourcing, preferably as a vendor
- Working knowledge of Houdini or practical experience of procedural world generation for games
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.