Skyhook Games is a well-established studio working with key publishers both on game development and with an internal outsourcing group built on the back of years of experience in simulation and open-world. We have an opportunity for a remote contract Senior Houdini Procedural Technical Artist to work on a new project. This role can be offered remote, hybrid or onsite in our Liverpool, England studio. The contract length is negotiable.
If you are a Senior or Lead 3D Houdini Artist, looking to take the leap in to cutting edge technology, pushing open-world to the limits and helping create a pivotal experience of exploration and discovery, reach out to us and be part of our world!
What will you do?
- Act as the bridge between art and engineering leading the development of our procedural pipelines
- Creating and updating Houdini digital assets
- Take ownership of the Houdini part of our procedural world creation system and support content
- Be responsible for general architecture, plan future upgrades and implement features
- Work with other engineering and art teams to make sure the toolset remains best fit and can deliver on quality
- Mentor and train the procedural team on best practice and Houdini driven development
What skills do you need?
- Experience with using Houdini & creating HDA’s
- Knowing Houdini scripting language VEX
- Need to know the Unreal Engine and the art pipeline and how Houdini integrates in Unreal
- A deep understanding of procedural ways of working
- Be up to date on latest technologies and workflows used in the game industry
- A passion to improve our tech art pipeline
- Experience in utilising Houdini’s PDG to generate large, real-time worlds
- Experience in implementing procedural methodologies into existing art pipelines
- A deep knowledge of optimisation methodologies at a AA+ level
- Great problem solving & critical thinking
- Good communication
Experience as a senior or lead in a similar position in the games, film, animation or VFX industry
Nice to haves:
- Good experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Experience in creating tools (either via Blueprints or python scripts) to help artists and programmers
If you have the skills and are up for the ultimate open-world challenge, please send your CV and environmental art portfolio using Houdini to [email protected] Please make sure your portfolio has examples using Houdini in placing an asset in scene, as well as terrain in game.
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.