Skyhook Games is a well-established studio working with key publishers both on game development and with an internal outsourcing group built on the back of years of experience in simulation and open-world. We have an opportunity for a remote contract Senior Houdini Procedural Technical Artist to work on a new project. This role can be offered remote, hybrid or onsite in our Liverpool, England studio. The contract length is negotiable.
If you are a Senior or Lead 3D Houdini Artist, looking to take the leap in to cutting edge technology, pushing open-world to the limits and helping create a pivotal experience of exploration and discovery, reach out to us and be part of our world!
What will you do?
- Act as the bridge between art and engineering leading the development of our procedural pipelines
- Creating and updating Houdini digital assets
- Take ownership of the Houdini part of our procedural world creation system and support content
- Be responsible for general architecture, plan future upgrades and implement features
- Work with other engineering and art teams to make sure the toolset remains best fit and can deliver on quality
- Mentor and train the procedural team on best practice and Houdini driven development
What skills do you need?
- Experience with using Houdini & creating HDA’s
- Knowing Houdini scripting language VEX
- Need to know the Unreal Engine and the art pipeline and how Houdini integrates in Unreal
- A deep understanding of procedural ways of working
- Be up to date on latest technologies and workflows used in the game industry
- A passion to improve our tech art pipeline
- Experience in utilising Houdini’s PDG to generate large, real-time worlds
- Experience in implementing procedural methodologies into existing art pipelines
- A deep knowledge of optimisation methodologies at a AA+ level
- Great problem solving & critical thinking
- Good communication
Experience as a senior or lead in a similar position in the games, film, animation or VFX industry
Nice to haves:
- Good experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Experience in creating tools (either via Blueprints or python scripts) to help artists and programmers
- Company events, including social events, industry events, charity events and more
- Continual training and development for staff
- Fantastic team culture and working environment
- Zero crunch culture
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas-New Year shutdown
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.
If you have the skills and are up for the ultimate open-world challenge, please send your CV and environmental art portfolio using Houdini to [email protected] Please make sure your portfolio has examples using Houdini in placing an asset in scene, as well as terrain in game.