Skyhook Games is a well-established games studio based in Liverpool, England looking for a Remote Contract Multiplayer Network Programmer. For this role you can be fully remote based in the UK with full working rights. Contract length is negotiable.
Our next big project is an open world multiplayer game. You’ll be engineering brand new features, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that are the lynchpin of this game. You’ll also be making innovative game mechanics and smooth, responsive control systems. You’ll be working in C++ and Unreal 5.
What skills do you need?
- C++– you’re a C++ expert, and have contributed to shipped games on PC, or console, with full development cycle experience (end to end)
- Understanding of network coding for multiplayer games. With the ability to architect and implement a network and multiplayer solution for open world gaming.
- Efficient– sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed
- Great Communicator– you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from a multidisciplinary team
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC
- Unreal Engine 5. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
- Passion for Games– You understand an engaging player experience and are confident you can reproduce that in code.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to [email protected]
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.