Skyhook Games is looking for a talented Remote Contract Environment Artist to help us explore, create, and deliver world-leading innovation in software and VR hardware. As an outsourcing studio our projects in VR include games as well as VR training simulations and prototypes. This role is offered on a speculative as well as contract remote based in the UK.
What will you do?
- Work with the Art Director to ensure their creative vision becomes a reality
- Work in a cross-discipline team for our clients in a remote setting
- Research VR sensibilities, the artistic possibilities, and innovations
- Work in an agile, fail-fast methodology when discovering and exploring gameplay content
- Asset creation
What skills do you need?
- 2+ years of professional game development experience, with experience on a VR title
- Able to understand, articulate and deliver on an artistic vision
- A varied approach and portfolio to rendering and artistic endeavour
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of real-time game engines, tools, pipelines, optimization, and cross-platform development
- A committed team player
- A willingness to ‘muck in’ to get the job done.
- Approachable and light-hearted, with a good sense of fun and a positive mental attitude
- Experience or an in-depth knowledge of Unreal 4 / 5 is beneficial as well as Unity
- Knowledge of Oculus Quest nice to have
- Established remote working
- Small agile art team with fast feedback process
- No crunch
- Contract work
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.
To apply please forward your CV to [email protected] along with your 3D environment art portfolio including VR examples of props, UV wrapping and wireframes.