Skyhook games, based in Liverpool, England is looking for a Remote Contract 3D Prop Artist to work on current and future projects. The length of the contract is negotiable.
As a prop artists you will be tasked with the creation of assets, from the simple to complex, you will be able to replicate concepts or visual image references to create 3D models right through to final textured stage using a PBR workflow. You will be fully versed in standardised workflow, such as optimising meshes to be performant on any given platform they are intended to be displayed on.
An ability to assess given reference and briefs with a view to final prop functionality, ranging from simple animating objects to complex engineered assets is a plus.
What will you do?
- Create a diverse array of high-quality props
- Push the quality of artwork both visually and technically
- Collaborate with the art director to produce assets with specific design and technical requirements
- Ability to produce highly detailed, well optimised hard surface models
- Work in 3D software including 3DS Max, Maya, Blender and Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop
- Implement assets in Unreal 5
- Solid understanding of the artistic and technical fundamentals of game art production pipeline
- Good knowledge of current material creation, high poly modelling and texture baking
- Fundamental understanding of soft furnishing or organic asset creation
- Work within and help to define metrics and technical setup on assets
- Be highly self-motivated and show initiative, and rise to the challenge when required
- Zero crunch
- Xmas and New Year closure
- Remote working infrastructure
- Small agile art team with excellent feedback process
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to [email protected] please ensure you also attach a 3D prop art portfolio with an array of props (from simple to complex) including wireframes and UV Mapping.