Skyhook Games is a well-established studio working with key publishers both on game development and with an internal outsourcing group. Built on the back of years of experience in simulation and open-world, we have an opportunity for a Remote Contract Character Rigger to work on an upcoming project for PC and console. This role is offered fully remote. The contract length is negotiable.
If you are an experienced 3D Character Rigger, looking to take the leap in to cutting edge technology, pushing open-world to the limits and helping create a pivotal experience of exploration and discovery, reach out to us and be part of our world!
What will you do?
As a Senior Character Rigger on the team, you will have the chance to work within a successful and creative Animation department producing high quality rigs and tools.
- Creating rigs for a wide variety of characters, creatures, and vehicle.
- In-depth knowledge, and technically proficient, in Autodesk Maya
- Experienced in writing scripts, preferably with Python, to automate processes and support the animation pipeline
- Able to liaise with the Lead Technical Artist, other technical support staff, and animators in trouble shooting and development
- In-engine character setup, such as cloth, physics…
- Resolve pipeline and tech issues and research best practice
- Ensure assets are optimised
- Use commercial and in-house tools to integrate characters, rigs and tools into the project data, ensuring data is functional
- Develop inhouse tools as and when needed
- Identify training needs for oneself and where applicable create assets/documentation for training purposes.
What skills do you need?
- Show a sound understanding of animation principles and processes
- We’re looking for candidates who are self-motivated and enthusiastic
- A good communicator and at ease with working in a team
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- 2+ years experience in the games industry in a similar role with a published title under your belt
- Full production experience
- Assist development of in-house tools for the team and as per project requirements.
Nice to haves:
- Multiplayer experience
- Fantastic team culture and working environment
- Zero crunch culture
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, rising with length of service each year
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Discretionary bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory workplace pension scheme
- Referral bonus scheme
- Parental leave
- Company events, including social events, industry events, charity events and more
- Continual training and development for staff
- Paid Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas-New Year shutdown
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.
If you have the skills and are up for the ultimate open-world challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]