Skyhook Games is a well-established studio working with key publishers both on game development and with an internal outsourcing group. Built on the back of years of experience in simulation and open-world, we have an opportunity for a Remote Contract 3D animator to work on an upcoming project for PC and console. This role is offered fully remote. The contract length is negotiable.
If you are an experienced 3D animator, looking to take the leap in to cutting edge technology, pushing open-world to the limits and helping create a pivotal experience of exploration and discovery, reach out to us and be part of our world!
What will you do?
As a Senior Animator, you will work with our stellar team of developers to create realistic gameplay animations and cinematic cutscenes for our up-coming project. You'll work closely with Animators, Artists and Programmers to develop and share a vision for characters and animation on our latest project.
- Work closely with the Art Director to create high-quality animations for gameplay and cinematics
- Animate realistic characters, including facial animations, using keyframe and motion capture pipelines
- Handle motion capture data and deliver final cleaned up animation in a game ready state
- Be a crucial member of the Animation team, helping to develop pipelines from Maya/MotionBuilder to Game Engine
- Report to and support the Art Director in ad hoc tasks as required
- Bipedal and quadruped characters
What skills do you need?
- Strong Keyframe and motion capture skills
- Familiar with motion-capture animation and the facial pipeline for games
- Proficient with Maya and MotionBuilder
- Implement gameplay and animations from concept to game engine
- Know the animation pipeline from design to deployment
- Able to receive and apply feedback on your work
- Good at working to a deadline and managing your own time
- 3+ years’ experience in game animation, and at least one shipped title
- You have experience using Unreal Engine
- Enthusiastic, methodical and organised in your approach to work, with high quality standards
- Able to document and explain work clearly and concisely
- Good communicator and an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Nice to haves:
- Multiplayer experience
- VR experience
- Fantastic team culture and working environment
- Zero crunch culture
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, rising with length of service each year
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Discretionary bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory workplace pension scheme
- Referral bonus scheme
- Parental leave
- Company events, including social events, industry events, charity events and more
- Continual training and development for staff
- Paid Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas-New Year shutdown
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.