We are looking for an experienced Outsourcing Artist, with a passion for games, to join our growing team. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as being familiar with a wide range of industry standard software.
About Skyhook Games Studio
This is such an exciting time to join Skyhook Games and we are currently on the lookout for superstars to join our team. We recently moved into brand new offices in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and are currently developing our own game for PC and console, backed by a leading UK publisher. We offer flexible working schedules as well as a collaborative, supportive culture.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, enhanced cost savings scheme, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
About the job
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the team to maintain the quality and artistic consistency of projects
- Providing feedback to internal artists regarding artwork and defining requirements
- Communicating with external clients and internal artists to ensure workflow and milestone targets are met
- Improving quality and efficiency of all artwork
- Ensuring all artwork is quality tested and fit for purpose, both outgoing to clients and from vendors
- Building relationships with external clients across multiple projects
- Assisting the team with any issues that may arise
- Supporting the recruitment process by vetting and screening potential candidates
The ideal candidate would have:
3+ years’ experience in a professional game development environment. Please note that this isn’ta hard requirement, but indicative of the level of experience we’re looking for in this role
- A portfolio showing expertise in a wide range of industry standard 2D/3D software and techniques
- Proven knowledge and expertise of all fundamental art disciplines
- Experience in providing feedback to clients and artists on artwork and workflow
Previous experience of working in a team and providing effective and constructive feedback
- A strong eye for detail
A passion for games of all genres
- Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
- Strong time management and organisation skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Familiar with using task tracking software, such as JIRA
- Experience of working with remote teams
- Experience with multiple gaming platforms
- Previous exposure to art outsourcing
- We will need to see examples of your work when applying, so please link to an online portfolio, Artstation page, etc.
- Whilst we are based in Liverpool, the role can be 100% remote for the right candidate. We will hopefully return to the office at some point in 2021, and the successful candidate could choose to work in house if they preferred.
- The role can be contract or full time, depending on the right candidate’s preference.