The Outsource Producer is responsible for managing outsourcing requirements with external partners. This involves building relationships with external partners, ensuring that briefs for work are communicated and delivered to partners on spec and on time. Working collaboratively to ensure deliverables are tracked and deadlines are met. As an Outsource Producer, you will be a key player in coordinating internal and external teams to meet project goals and deliverables.
Location of Work:
While this role can be hybrid or remote, the candidate must be UK based as visits to the Liverpool office will be required.
Hours of work:
35 hours a week (Flexi-time at 7 hours each day. Core hours are 10am-4pm.)
Skyhook Games is a growing games development and art outsourcing studio dedicated to delivering high-quality services to the gaming industry. We work with some of the biggest names in the gaming world and pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence, creativity and reliability. As we continue to expand, we are seeking a skilled Outsource Producer to join our team and play a pivotal role in managing all “work for hire” requirements for our clients.
What will you do?
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Project Management:
- Collaborating with external clients to understand their project requirements, objectives and timelines
- Developing comprehensive project plans, including milestones, schedules and resource allocation
- Monitoring project progress and ensure adherence to budgets and timelines
- Vendor Selection and Management:
- Identifying and selecting external vendors, freelancers, or subcontractors based on project needs and quality standards
- Negotiating contracts, manage vendor relationships, and ensure timely and quality deliveries
- Quality Assurance:
- Establishing and maintaining strict quality control standards for all outsourced work
- Conducting regular reviews, feedback sessions, and revisions to meet client expectations
- Acting as primary point of contact between clients, internal teams and external vendors
- Providing regular project updates to client and resolve any issues and concerns
- Building relationships with external clients and internal teams across multiple projects
- Seeking opportunities to develop new partnerships with new clients
- Resource Allocation:
- Working closely with internal teams to allocate resources effectively, including artists, developers and other necessary disciplines
- Budget Management
- Creating and managing project budgets, ensuring profitability and cost control
- Risk Management
- Identifying potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimise disruptions.
Any additional duties/expectations as an employee of the company above and beyond specific job role
What skills/qualifications do you need?
- Proven experience as an Outsource Producer or Project Manager in the gaming industry, preferably in art outsourcing or game development
- Knowledge of game development pipelines and art production processes
- Qualification in project management, game development or equivalent
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in project management software and tools
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- A passion for gaming and a deep understanding of the gaming industry
- Fantastic team culture and working environment
- Zero crunch culture
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday +Bank Holidays, rising with length of service each year
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Discretionary bonuses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory workplace pension scheme
- Referral bonus scheme
- Parental leave
- Company Events, including social events, industry events, charity events and more
- Continual training and development for all staff
- Paid parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas-New Year shutdown
- Annual, confidential financial wellbeing checks
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.