Hours of Work:
35 hours a week (Flexi-time at 7 hours each day. Core hours are 10am-4pm.)
While this role can be hybrid, the candidate will be expected to work from the Liverpool office at least 2 days a week.
Skyhook Games is a growing games development and art outsourcing studio dedicated to delivering high-quality services to the gaming industry. We work with some of the biggest names in the gaming world and pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence, creativity and reliability. As we continue to expand, we are seeking a QA Tester to join our team and work across our multiple projects.
Job Description/ Purpose:
The Junior QA Tester is responsible for ensuring all bugs are identified, thoroughly investigated, accurately reported and maintained to ensure the highest standard of software for Skyhook stakeholders.
What will you do?
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Verifying features and systems daily by creating feedback and bug reports for the teams.
- Executing and maintaining test cases on assigned projects as well as ad-hoc testing on focused areas.
- Supporting various teams by improving existing testing procedures and identifying requirements.
- Composing daily and weekly progress reports for the QA lead.
- Recording play through videos of entire levels and host weekly play through updates.
- Raising any issues with test procedure and processes to QA Leads, offering solutions where applicable.
- Ensuring all bugs are identified and thoroughly investigated.
- Ensuring all bug information matches Skyhook bug quality standards and are accurately recorded.
- Regressing and retesting existing bugs against newer builds of code.
- Completing allocated work within given timeframes.
- Ensuring all relevant Skyhook procedures are followed.
- Behaving in an appropriate manner in the workplace.
- Learning and maintaining knowledge on the use of key Skyhook workflow systems, such as Jira and Confluence.
Any additional duties/expectations as an employee of the company above and beyond specific job role
What skills/qualifications do you need?
- Proven experience of working in a QA Testing capacity within the games industry; testing software and composing bug reports
- Demonstrable experience of working with VR software for significant periods of time
- Demonstrable knowledge of dismantling features, via testing, to discover edge cases.
- Display excellent attention to detail, maintaining diligence and focus for extended periods.
- Holds Functional Skills Level 2 or GCSE Level 4 in English or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- The ability to be methodical and analytical.
- The ability to displaying excellent problem identification and investigative skills.
- A passion for games and their development
- Be computer literate with basic productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience with Confluence/Jira software.
- Experience with editors e.g. Unreal/Unity.
- Experience with build management.
- Experience with software development and version control.
- Fantastic team culture and working environment
- Zero crunch culture
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday +Bank Holidays, rising with length of service each year
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Discretionary bonuses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory workplace pension scheme
- Referral bonus scheme
- Parental leave
- Company Events, including social events, industry events, charity events and more
- Ongoing training and development for all staff
- Paid parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Christmas-New Year shutdown
- Annual, confidential financial wellbeing checks
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.