We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager to review, design and implement functional and cost-efficient IT systems for Skyhook Games.
The IT Manager will be expected to review current IT systems, security and processes and gather feedback from end users to recommend and implement improvements. As IT Manager, you will take ownership of this project and work collaboratively to ensure the business and technology needs are met.
This role will be on a permanent basis with remote/hybrid working available for the right candidate.
About Skyhook Games Studio
This is such as exciting time to join Skyhook Games as we have grown rapidly over the last year. We recently moved into brand new offices in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and offer flexible working schedules, as well as a collaborative, supportive culture.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, enhanced cost savings scheme, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
You'll be responsible for
- Performing a full audit of our IT set-up and services
- Providing desktop support as required; including email management, reviewing 3rd party support IT contracts, managing software licensing, asset management and procurement
- Securing the IT infrastructure of the business and looking for vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software
- Building firewalls into network infrastructures and strengthening IT systems
- Tracking progress and identifying areas for improvements, and solutions, for any risks or issues raised
- Providing feedback and recommending best in-class solutions to satisfy needs of clients, insurers, protect IP
- Planning and overseeing projects (e.g. upgrades, hardware/software installations)
- Providing advice and technical training as needed
- Updating and managing any processes required to support the infrastructure of the company
The ideal candidate would have
- Team player – Can work across all functions and experience of gaining buy-in and developing strong relationships
- Demonstrable working knowledge of setting up Business intelligence dashboard/tool/reporting
- Either experience in video gaming or creative tech and/or strong personal interest in gaming
- Working knowledge of a remote service business model including support and security around national and international contractors
- Good references
- Working knowledge of WordPress to support the ongoing development of our website
- Project Management Skills
- Previous experience of working within an SME
If you feel you meet the requirements and are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.