Skyhook Games is an independent studio based in Liverpool, UK. We are looking for a senior technical animator to join us. You will ensure that all animations are integrated into Unreal engine and work closely with the animators, artists and programmers to make advanced animation systems, rigs and pipelines, adding to our immersive and aesthetically pleasing characters.
The contract length is negotiable, we expect it to be a minimum of 6 months.
What will you do?
- Character Rigging
- Development of the animation pipeline
- Scripting and Tools related to characters, rigging and animation
- Problem Solving
- Working in a multidisciplinary team
- Testing and Debugging Animations
- Research for Best Practice and disseminating through the team
- Get into engine and make all the transitions between the animations flow organically
What skills do you need?
- Proven experience of working in a technical animation role within the games industry or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Max, Maya or Blender
- Scripting in Python, C++, MEL or similar
- The ability to balance character animation needs with performance and deformation requirements
- Experience in reviewing latest animation technology updates to check for suitability, cost and efficiency for the tech animation pipeline and implement as needed
Please forward your CV along with your Technical Animator portfolio including rigs and scripts to [email protected]
Skyhook Games is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.