Skyhook Games, a well-known game studio based in Liverpool, England, is looking for a Contract Lead Artist to work on their latest titles. This role can be fully remote based in the UK, hybrid or onsite in our studio in Liverpool. Contract length is negotiable.
Your role will be to work with the existing art team to nurture and develop talent. The team is looking for a strong manager as well as someone who still enjoys modelling and texturing assets to go into the games, the most important thing is the person’s ability to lead and motivate.
The Lead Artist will work very closely with the Art Director and manage a small team of Artists. You will be independent and be able to juggle managing a small team, while assisting with the grading of work.
This role will promote freedom in a collaborative environment where ideas are commonly contributed, and everyone has an input on the project.
What skills do you need?
- At least 4+ years’ experience as an Artist in the games industry
- Experience as a Senior or Lead Artist
- Good knowledge of 3Ds Max, Maya or Blender
- Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Published titles on Console or PC Platforms
- Full Art Pipeline experience
- Experience with Unreal engine including implementing assets in game
- A bonus if you have a portfolio demonstrating your experience, ideally environments or hard surface modelling
In addition to a fantastic remote work environment, the team offer a relaxed work/life balance, zero crunch and Christmas closures.
Skyhook Games are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with a disability.
If you are interested in this position and would like to hear more, please send your CV to [email protected] along with a varied 3D art portfolio with included references, UV Maps, Wireframes…