We are looking for an experienced 3D Vehicle Artist, with a passion for games, to join our growing team in Liverpool. In house and studio based is preferred, but working remotely will also be considered.
About Skyhook Games Studio
This is such an exciting time to join Skyhook Games and we are currently on the lookout for superstars to join our great team. We recently moved into brand new offices in the trendy “Baltic Triangle” area of Liverpool City Centre and are currently developing our own game for PC and console backed by a leading UK publisher. We offer flexible working schedules as well as a collaborative, supportive culture.
Aside from our exciting growth plans, the best thing about Skyhook Games is the people. We offer a fun, creative and inclusive place to work and are passionate about flexibility and providing a work/life balance for all our team. We offer an improved benefits package including extra holidays, an additional buy and sell holiday scheme, contributory pension, enhanced cost savings scheme, flexible working hours, free parking, remote working options and ongoing training.
About the job
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating high detail vehicle art from concept art stage to final design
- Ensuring art assets are delivered on time and to a high standard
- Working closely with the art team to achieve desired look and quality across all projects
- Working to a production schedule, manage files and meet deadlines
The ideal candidate would have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a professional game development environment. Please note that this isn’t a hard requirement, but indicative of the level of experience we’re looking for in this role
- Strong vehicle modelling skills (high and low poly)
- Working knowledge of PBR techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of optimisation processes for creating game engine friendly assets
- A solid work ethic, critical approach and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
- Strong 3D vehicle design skills (non-licensed vehicles especially)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Experience with multiple gaming engines
- Vehicle design skills in non-licensed vehicles
- Knowledge of cutting edge art techniques
- A degree in Computer Animation, Game Art, or equivalent. However, candidates with a strong portfolio will be considered. Drawing, sculpting and other traditional art skills are a plus.
- Previous exposure to art outsourcing
- We will need to see examples of your work when applying, so please link to an online portfolio, Artstation page, etc.
- Whilst we are based in Liverpool, the role can be 100% remote for the right candidate.
- The role can be contract or permanent, depending on the right candidate’s preference.